Monday, May 18, 2009

Reason

Lately I've been pretty idle with things. Haven't felt like doing videos lately because I end up either having a serious video or a rant video and I'm sick of having that out there. Then if I wanted to do a happy video it ends up just being pointless because I really havent been doing much. Been playing video games and watching tv for the most part. About the gay issue that was addressed previously, recently Ive just wanted to eliminate the fact that its even an issue anymore in my life. To do so Ive wanted to become more open about it and redefine what is personal to me. If you redefine something as no personal anymore, than it no longer has a hold over you. Ive wanted to do a video about it but theres this paradox that if I even talk about it and how it was a problem, that it will continue being a problem, but at the same time doing a video is part of the "being open" about it. So it leaves me a standstill about it and right now Im choosing not to talk about it. I think because of all the serious vlogs people think thats how I am and it really isnt at all. Vlogging is all the stuff that Im not with people in real life, which is why I vlog to have that outlet of thoughts. Hard to showcase how I am in person with people when Im not in person when Im alone with a camera. Oh well thats it.

1 comment:

  1. Hm. I think people kind of assume vlogs to be either serious, or purposely funny.. but I wouldn't assume that was how you were all the time in life. I had to do a blog once for a class and the professor was floored after reading it. He had no idea I was such a smart ass. It'd be really weird meeting people whose vlogs I watch in person, too. Maybe that's why I haven't really put anything out there yet-- if people I know somehow stumbled on them, they wouldn't get it, but complete strangers are more understanding/can relate. So, I pretty much don't take my own advice, but maybe you can.

    Maybe you could do a "10 facts you didn't know about me." Then it wouldn't dwell, but you could put whatever out there that you want without going into the background of it. Every time someone asks about my life I do the same thing-- don't want to go into details since how I used to be or live doesn't necessary reflect what's currently an issue.

    I hope you get some nice time off between school and the real world, too. Video games and TV sound fun. I'll have to dig out the old console and play some Crazy Tazi.

    Signed,
    Comment girl

    ReplyDelete