Friday, July 24, 2009

Bad day at work.. bad

Ill make this short. I had a really bad day at work. The people who piss me off were not there but I made really bad mistakes. I usually make bad mistakes there but this time I just had enough with myself. I am contemplating quitting just out of spite either from those I dislike or myself. I just hate the job now, no matter what a mistake is awaiting around the corner or a problem customer who I cant disarm in time.

I only get like 100-120 a week and I have a lot saved up. I was waiting to at least get my new actual full time job but I dont know anymore. The lines are blurred and it would feel so good to quit.

And now I have to work tomorrow again, yea, fun...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think I am putting my two week notice in Monday. Ive come to this wall of wanting to quit for the past year now and finally Ive just had it. None of the same people I used to work with are there or they are there significantly less. Its consumed with too much negativity there and I said that last year!! Now its just over the top and Im sick of it. It will help me focus on my future I think and feel better about myself away from that negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that work sucks. It sounds like you're being awfully hard on yourself about the "bad mistakes"?

    If you're at the point of absolutely dreading going to work each day, that's not healthy... maybe it is time to leave?

    I've had a few jobs in which I should have left LONG before I actually did. I held on because I didn't like the idea of having to get a new job and start over, yet I felt myself getting more negative and bitter with every passing day.
    Then there's the thing about, "I don't want to be a quitter." What a chump I was!!! People quit all the time without questioning their sense of self worth... so why was I sweating it? it seems many don't even give the courtesy of two weeks notice or whatnot.

    This was just a "job" for you, not an important rung on your career ladder? (Funny how "career" can be a kinda-synonym for "ordeal.") You said you saved up some $$$, so I think it's perfectly OK to quit this job and just "coast" for a bit.

    Work's no fun when your favourite people have left, anyway.

    I hope today was better for you.

    -CAM MAC-

    ReplyDelete